Let’s remind that on September 16, 2014 the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and European Parliament approved Association agreement between Ukraine and the European Union. The agreement on the free trade zone between Ukraine and the EU partially came into force since January 1, 2016, and since September 1, 2017 — in full.
At the session on theme «Security in Eastern Europe» at the Munich Security Conference Petro Poroshenko held a performance. We selected the main theses of the President of Ukraine which concern foreign economic activity and trade.
- For three years our trade with the EU grew by 60%.
- In external turnover of Ukraine trade with the European Union countries is 43%.
- Europe for Ukraine is the choice in terms of not only civilizations, but also economy.
- We are in extremely difficult situation in search of new markets.
- Ukraine is interested in development of trade relations with China, cooperation satisfactory, but rates of its growth are modest.
According to State Statistics Service’s messages, in 2017 Ukraine exported goods for $43.26, and imported for $49.6. From January to November, 2018 the volume of export was $43.25, and import of $52.1. The foreign trade operations were performed with partners from 220 world countries.